Friday, March 25, 2011

Welcome to eel-grass.

What you will find on eel-grass:

reviews of books I love and admire. I don't pretend to be unbiased. You will find books by friends, heroines, and relative strangers. You will find books that are new and ones that are old. You will, I'll bet, find me rambling off topic about birds, gardens, cycling, and visual art from time to time.

What you will not find:

negative reviews--there are enough people out there to tell you what and who you shouldn't read. I am not a critic, only a poet and lover of poetry, and my opinion is just that--my opinion. And if a book doesn't speak to me, I don't assume the fault is with the book--I simply put it down. Perhaps it will speak to me later, perhaps not, but I will not blame it for its silence here.

Best,
Daniel Nathan Terry

3 comments: